Monday, October 17, 2016

Of All The Out Of The Way Chocolates



Who would think that the nation of Peru would make great chocolates? We, here in the USA, think French, German, Swiss, Belgium. But who amongst us thinks Peru? I hope this post will change that. And as a reminder, chocolate did come from the New World, so there is no reason to think that the Americas don't have great chocolate.

While shopping at my favorite Latin grocery a few days ago, I saw, a display of chocolates, near the check-out aisle. On close inspection, I saw one of the flavors was Pisco. I've written about this mysterious beverage here. Now ordinarily I'm not a fan of fruit and chocolate, but this Helena Pisco and Raisins caught my eye.


I couldn't resist.

Here is a link to all the flavors they make. Helena Chocotejas.

Lastly, the Pisco flavor marries nicely with the chocolate. To me, that came as a pleasant surprise. And it's a fact that chocolate is the Food of the Gods.



PS - Chocolate comes from cocoa, which is a tree. That makes it a plant. Therefore, chocolate is salad.